I decided that for my first models in the starter set I would take pictures along the way to track my progress. The first step was gluing some of the pieces together: Kreoss got his steampack attached to his back, the Revenger got his arms (with flail and flamethrower) attached to his torso and the Crusader and Repenter got their torsos glued to their legs. All four were glued to their bases (which we will see later was a mistake).
Next up is priming the models using Krylon spray (flat black interior/exterior in my case). I also stuck the ‘jack heads onto small pieces of brass wire that I then stuck into a balsa wood strip mounted to the inside of my ghetto spray booth (otherwise known as a small cardboard box). I did fairly light coats, rotating each piece so that I could get all surfaces covered. I didn’t realize that gluing them to the bases so early would make getting the undersides to hard to spray (not to mention hard to paint later). I only discovered when I started the actual painting that there were areas that I missed with the primer (luckily they are in spots where it will be nearly impossible to see while playing, you’d have to turn them upside down to see).
Warjack heads primed
Repenter’s shield primed
Ghetto Spray Booth